Midweek Recipes: Tuesday Kym Grimshaw's Asian Beef Noodle Broth
A self-taught chef and talented food blogger, Bristol- based Kym Grimshaw explores ways of using fresh local produce and creating seasonal recipes on her blog, ‘On the Plate’. She’s shared with us her recipe for Asian Beef Noodle Broth, a simple yet delicious mid-week meal that’s bursting with oriental flavour.
ASIAN BEEF NOODLE BROTH
- 500g Scotch Beef steak mince
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 200g egg noodles
- 4 Pak Choi
- 1 tbsp. miso paste
- 1 tbsp. chilli paste
- 2 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 inch piece of ginger, finely chopped
- Bunch of spring onions, finely sliced
- Bunch of coriander, chopped
- Mix the mince in a bowl with half the garlic, half the coriander, half the sesame seeds, half the spring onions, all the ginger and some seasoning. Shape into 16 meatballs.
- Fry the meatballs in oil for 6 – 8 minutes until nicely browned. Place the water in a large heated saucepan and dissolve the pastes along with the remaining chopped garlic.
- Slice the ends off the Pak Choi, halve down the centre and add to the broth with the noodles and meatballs. Bring to a boil, then put a lid on and simmer for 5 minutes until everything is softened and the meatballs are cooked through.
- Ladle the broth into bowls and serve with a scattering of the sesame seeds, spring onions, coriander and fresh chilli.
You’ll find more great recipes from Kym at https://ontheplate.co.uk/