Who We Are
Please read through the notice to understand how QMS uses and protects the information obtained from those visiting and using its website and by participating in the other services we provide. If you have any concerns about QMS processes your personal data or you have a general enquiry in relation to data protection please contact our Data Protection Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org using the heading “Data Protection” or by telephone + 44 (0) 131 510 7920.
Through accessing our website and/or submitting an enquiry through the website you are consenting to the collection, retention and use of your personal information in accordance with the terms of this notice.
What is personal data?
means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
Special category of data
means personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation.
When we use the term ‘personal data’ we mean both personal data and special category of data.
What personal data does QMS process?
- Personal details (such as your name, e-mail) which you provide by submitting an enquiry via the website or when you sign up to The Scotch Kitchen newsletter or subscribe to our other services.
- How you use the website and any other information you post, e-mail or otherwise send to us.
- IP addresses – we may collect information where available about your IP (internet protocol) address, operating system and browser type. This data provides us with information about users’ browsing actions and patterns. It is used to inform improvements to the website and for internal system administration.
Where did QMS obtain my personal data from?
The personal data (name, e-mail) is gathered from the information you provide when you sign up to The Scotch Kitchen newsletter or subscribe to our other services which you may input on the website’s enquiry page. IP addresses may be collected, where available, from data subjects when they access the Scotch Kitchen website. In some instances, we may gather information about you via third parties.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by some websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to work more efficiently, to optimise user experience as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Scotchkitchen.com does not set any cookies to collect personally identifiable information about you. If this should change in the future, we will inform visitors and provide guidance on how to control and delete these cookies.
This site does use a third-party analytics company (Google Analytics) to provide anonymous visitor statistics to enable us to improve the performance of our website. This analytics function sets its own cookies to perform this service. Google Analytics stores information about what pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you got here and what you click on. This information cannot be used to identify who you are, and we do not allow Google to use or share our analytics data.
The site also uses ‘session cookies’ which expire once you close your web browser and ‘third party cookies’, which are for content pulled in from other sites, such as videos from YouTube or content from social media platforms.
Cookies can be restricted or blocked through your browser settings. Information on how to do this may be found in your browser’s Help section, links to the most commonly used browsers can be found here:
The menu of most browsers will give you options of how to manage your cookies by adjusting or configuring your cookies settings. Typically, the browser will give you the option to:
- view your cookies
- allow cookies
- disable all or specific cookies
- disable all cookies when you close your browser
- block cookies
- receive notifications when you receive a cookie
You should bear in mind that restricting cookies may impact on the functionality of the websites you visit.
More information about cookies
In addition, the website www.aboutcookies.org contains detailed information on how to manage cookie settings for a wide variety of browsers. It also provides details on how to delete cookies from your computer as well as more general information about cookies. For mobile phone browsers and tablets, you may need to refer to your handset manual.
Where will QMS keep my data?
Your personal data will be stored on The Scotch Kitchen’s secure server.
Why is QMS processing my personal data?
QMS is processing your personal data for the purposes of promoting Scotch Beef PGI, Scotch Lamb PGI and Specially Selected Pork.
In relation to IP addresses, we use this to inform improvements to the website and for internal system administration. By using the QMS website and providing your personal data via the enquiry page or otherwise through the website you are consenting to QMS processing your personal data for these purposes.
Will my personal data be shared with any other organisation/third parties and if so, why?
QMS will not share your personal data with any other organisation or third parties without seeking your prior consent. An exception to this would be where we are required to share your personal data in accordance with law or any regulatory requirement to which QMS is subject or where we are undergoing a corporate restructure.
Will my personal data be shared outside of the EEA?
It is not intended that QMS will share your personal data outside of the EEA without first seeking your prior consent.
Is my personal data safe?
QMS works hard to protect your personal data and has adopted appropriate technical and organisational measures to keep it safe from unauthorised disclosure, alteration or destruction.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to QMS via the internet; any transmission is at your own risk.
How can I stop QMS using my personal data if I no longer wish to receive communications from QMS?
If you no longer wish to receive communication from QMS via e.g. our Scotch Kitchen Newsletter and would like your personal data removed from our database please e-mail our Data Protection Officer on email@example.com or telephone on + 44 (0) 131 510 7920.
What happens if I choose not to provide us with personal information or are unable to do so?
If you are concerned about sharing data or unclear why it has been requested then please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org and they will do their best to clarify any request and provide the reassurance you require.
How long will QMS retain my personal data?
QMS will keep your personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purpose we obtained it for or until such time that you withdraw your consent and exercise your right to request that QMS stops processing your personal data.
Does QMS make any automated decisions about me or profile my personal data?
QMS does not make automated decisions about you and does not profile your personal data.
What are my rights in relation to the personal data QMS holds about me?
We have summarised your rights below. Please contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com to exercise these.
- If we are relying on your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time, at which point we shall stop processing your personal data in that way. Please note this does not affect the legality of our processing up to the date of your withdrawal of consent.
- You can seek to restrict our processing of your personal data, ask us to rectify any personal data we hold about you or object to us processing your personal data for the purposes stated above.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) if you think that we have infringed your rights. You can find more information about reporting a matter to the ICO at the following link: https://ico.org.uk/
- You have the right to access personal data held by us about you.
- In certain circumstances you have the right to ask us to provide you with your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format to allow you (or us on your behalf) to transmit this information to another party. More information can be found at https://ico.org.uk
- In certain circumstances you have the right to ask us to erase the personal data we hold about you, such circumstances include:
- Where we no longer need your personal data for the purposes set out above.
- If you withdraw your consent to our processing.
- If you object to our processing based on our legitimate interest and we have no overriding legitimate grounds to continue processing your personal data.
- If we process the data unlawfully.
- Where the personal data has to be erased to comply with legal obligation to which we are subject. We will consider any such request in line with GDPR. Please note this is not an absolute right and there may be circumstances where we choose not to delete all of the personal data, we hold about you. More information about your right of erasure can be found at https://ico.org.uk.
Third party links
The Scotch Kitchen website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy notices and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these notices or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these notices before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
Changes to the cookie and privacy notice
We reserve the right to amend this cookie and privacy notice. However, any changes we may make to our notice in the future will be communicated to you in some manner.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy notice are welcomed and should be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the heading “Data Protection” or by telephoning us on + 44 (0) 131 510 7920. You can also write to the Data Protection Officer, Quality Meat Scotland, Rural Centre, West Mains, Ingliston, Newbridge, EH28 8NZ.