The QMS Cattle & Sheep Assurance Scheme is the foundation of The Scotch Lamb PGI label. It celebrated its 25th anniversary in 2015, making it the longest established scheme of its kind in the World.
- To carry the Scotch Lamb PGI brand, all lamb must have been born, reared and processed in Scotland and spent their entire life on QMS Scotch Assured holdings.
- This whole of life brand eligibility is delivered by a suite of assurance schemes: one livestock: Cattle & Sheep and four non-livestock: Feeds, Haulage, Auction Market and Processor.
- Whole chain assurance underpins the integrity of these premium brands, and provides reassurance to consumers of provenance, highest standards of production, and animal welfare and wellbeing.
- Since 1996 the Scotch Lamb PGI brands has held the coveted European Protected Geographical Indication (PGI) status, which legally protects the brand names from imitation.
- Animal welfare and wellbeing are of paramount importance in ensuring the highest product quality.
- Traceability of product is key and robust checker systems are in place.
- For further information on our standards, please visit, www.qmscotland.co.uk.