Argyll Burger Sandwich
225 g (8oz) lean minced Scotch Beef
2 lean back bacon rashers
2 burger buns
50 g (2oz) low-fat Cheddar cheese
15 ml (1tbsp) BBQ or tomato relish
2 slices of tomato or mushroom
30 ml (2tbsp) low-fat mayonnaise
5 ml (1tsp) wholegrain mustard or pesto or curry paste
- Place the minced beef into a large bowl, season and mix thoroughly.
- Divide the mixture into 2 and shape into burgers.
- Place under a preheated grill for 4 – 6 minutes each side, until cooked thoroughly. During the last 3 minutes of cooking time, add the bacon rashers to the grill pan and continue cooking.
- During the last minute of cooking time, halve the burger buns. Place half of the cheese on one half of the buns. On each remaining half spread the BBQ or tomato relish and top with tomato or mushroom slices. Grill for the remaining minute.
- Mix the mayonnaise ingredients together. Place the burgers in the buns and top with the bacon.
Serve with the mayonnaise and a large mixed salad, coleslaw and oven chips.