Beef and Roasted Vegetable Terrine
300 g shredded cooked Scotch Beef
6 sheets leaf gelatine
415 g can beef consommé
1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and lightly cooked till just tender
4 tbsp capers
4 tbsp chopped chives
2 x 180g Italian Chargrilled Vegetable Antipasti, drained, or 360g leftover
- Place the gelatine in a small bowl and cover with cold water, leave for 5 minutes until softened. Meanwhile, heat the consommé in a small pan but do not boil. Squeeze the excess water out of the gelatine and add to the pan, off the heat, stirring until dissolved then leave to cool.
- Line a 900g loaf tin with a double layer of cling film (dampening between layers will help you to smooth it out) leaving the edges overhanging.
- Place half of the asparagus in a single layer at the bottom of the tin.
- Mix together the beef, capers and chives and place a layer over the asparagus. Top with a layer of the vegetables and continue to make six layers in total.
- Carefully pour over the cooled consommé, making sure the final layer of vegetables is completely covered. Carefully fold over the clingfilm then chill overnight. Turnout the terrine and cut with a serrated knife to serve.
Delicious served with a crisp salad and a tangy vinaigrette dressing.