Beef and Spinach Lasagne
1 medium onion, finely chopped & Olive oil spray
2 teaspoons minced garlic
500 g lean Scotch Beef mince
2x400 g can chopped tomatoes
10 g tomato puree
250 g fresh young spinach. Cooked in boiling water
250 g low fat ricotta & 100 g low fat creme fraiche
Grated nutmeg to season spinach mixture
250 g (approx 12 sheets) dried lasagne sheets
50 g reduced fat firm cheese (cheddar, parmesan etc) grated
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F) Gas Mark 4
- To make the meat sauce, spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat. Cook onion and garlic over medium heat for 2 minutes, until soft.
- Add mince and cook over a high heat for 5 minutes until brown, using a wooden spoon to break up any lumps.
- Stir in pasta sauce and tomato, then remove from heat.
- Drain spinach and squeeze out excess liquid. Place in a bowl and mix with ricotta and creme fraiche.
- Trim pasta sheets to fit a large lasagne dish, approx 8-9 inches (25cms ) square and spread a very thin layer of meat sauce over the base. Arrange a layer of pasta over sauce. Cover with a layer of spinach mixture then another layer of pasta. Continue layering, finishing with the spinach mixture. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes until heated through and golden brown on top.