450 g Scotch Beef PGI rump steak, trimmed of excess fat, thinly sliced
1 tbsp olive oil
20 g unsalted butter
1 clove garlic crushed
200 g button mushrooms, sliced
200 ml soured cream
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper
A little beef stock made from good quality stock cube
1 tbsp parsley, roughly chopped
Egg pasta or rice to serve
- Cook the pasta or rice as per pack instructions.
- Meanwhile fry the steak strips in a hot pan with the oil and butter for a minute or two to brown it. With a slotted spoon transfer the browned meat to a plate while you continue.
- Tip the mushrooms and garlic into the hot pan and stir fry until they are brown and any mushroom juices are reabsorbed, 3 or 4 minutes.
- Add the soured cream and mustard and about 100 ml beef stock and season to taste. Return the steak to the mushrooms and reheat, stirring. If the sauce is very thick add a little extra hot beef stock.
- Sprinkle on the parsley and carefully fold it into the mixture.
Serve over pasta or rice.