- Roll pastry until 3mm thick. Cool and relax. Heat oil. Season beef and seal until golden. Cool.
- Place pastry on tray and spread a little farce on one end. Put beef on cover with remaining farce.
- Egg wash beef parcel and fold over the pastry. Egg wash whole piece.
- To cook place in pre heated oven to 180c and cook for 25-30 minutes.
- Mushroom Farce
- Melt butter and soften shallots with thyme.
- Add mushrooms. Cook until liquid has evaporated.
- Cool and add all other ingredients. Mix.
- Warm cream with garlic and seasoning.
- Slice potatoes and place in oven proof dish.
- Pour cream over potatoes, cover and cook at 160c for 30 mins
- Cool and set aside. Sprinkle with cheese and reheat when required.
- In hot pan add butter. When foaming add shallots and cook until golden brown.
- Add sugar and caramelise.
- Add stock and herbs. Reduce liquor until shallots are cooked.
- Cool and use as required
- Brown the beef trim, add shallot, garlic and thyme, cook until soft.
- Add wine and reduce until syrupy, add stock and reduce by half. Pass and add Madeira. Reduce until required consistency. Season.