Blue Cheese Burger
600g Scotch Beef Mince
1 Red onion
1 Sprig of fresh thyme
20ml Worcestershire sauce
140g Scottish blue cheese (Lanark or Hebridean blue)
Sea salt and black pepper (to taste)
4 Burger buns
- Dice the red onion and finely chop the thyme.
- Put the steak mince, onion, Worcestershire sauce and thyme into a bowl, season with some salt and black pepper and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into four, then roll into balls and flatten with the back of your hand into patties. Cover and put into the fridge to chill for 30 mins.
- Either grill, BBQ or griddle for 6 mins each side or until cooked through.
- Cut the cheese into four slices, top each burger with a slice of cheese and grill until just melting.
- Serve on a toasted burger buns with lettuce, tomato and red onion slices.