Braised Scotch Lamb Shank with Vegetables and Rosemary In Pan
4 Scotch Lamb shanks
1/2 bunch of thyme
4 sprigs of rosemary
2 yellow peppers
4 garlic cloves
200 g cocktail tomatoes
4 spring onions
4 tbsp olive oil
0,5 l lamb stock
Freshly ground pepper
Temperature: 160 C, 325 F, Gas Mark 3
- Wash the peppers, halve, remove the inner white parts and chop into large pieces.
- Peel and halve the shallots.
- Press the garlic without peeling.
- Wash the cocktail tomatoes.
- Wash and trim the spring onions, cut into rings.
- Put the shallots and the garlic cloves into a roasting tin. Season the lamb with salt and pepper and place over the vegetables. Roast in the preheated oven (160 C, 325 F, Gas Mark 3, under and over heat) for about 30 minutes. Pour the stock over the tin, add the herbs and put back into the oven.
- Braise for one more hour, turning the meat over and basting with the sauce every now and then during this period. Then add the rest of the vegetables and allow them to simmer together for another 20 minutes. Finally, season with salt and pepper and serve.