Chilli Basil Kebabs
Makes 4 kebabs
450g (1lb) lean Scotch Beef popeseye (rump) steaks, cut into small cubes
432g (approx) can crush pineapple (or finely chopped rings)
60ml (4tbsp) fresh basil, roughly torn
2 cloves garlic, crushed
30ml (2tbsp) mild chilli sauce
1 green or red chilli, deseeded and chopped
150g (5oz) dried egg noodles
- In a bowl, mix together all ingredients except the noodles.
- Add meat, mix thoroughly, cover and refrigerate. Marinate for approximately 30 minutes to 4 hours.
- Remove cubes, thread the meat on to skewers.
- Cook under a preheated grill or barbecue for approximately 12 – 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan cook the noodles as per packet instructions. Heat the remaining marinade in the pan and boil for 3 – 4 minutes until piping hot. Add the noodles and mix.
Serve steak with slices of ciabatta or sour dough bread, a large mixed salad and a spoonful of the Italian mixture.