1 tbsp olive oil
500g cubed Scotch Lamb shoulder
1 large onion, thinly sliced
2 large carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
25g parsley, finely chopped
500g potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
700ml hot lamb stock
Large knob of butter
Broccoli or cabbage to serve
- Heat the oven to 180C, gas mark 4. Heat the oil in a large ovenproof casserole pan and cook the lamb over a high heat until nicely browned.
- Lift out the lamb with a slotted spoon and transfer to a bowl.
- Cook the onions in the same pan for 5 minutes until dark golden then add to the bowl with the lamb.
- Stir in the carrots and parsley then spoon half of the mixture back into the pan and top with a layer of potatoes followed by the rest of the lamb and a final layer of potatoes. Pour over the stock and dot with butter.
- Cover with a lid and bake for one hour then remove the lid and bake for a further 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with broccoli or cabbage.