2 tbsp olive oil
500g Scotch Lamb neck fillet, cubed
1 large onion, chopped
1 celery stalk, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 rosemary sprigs
400g can chopped tomatoes
2 x 400g cans canellini beans, drained and rinsed
400ml hot lamb stock
25g fresh white breadcrumbs
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
Mixed salad leaves
- Heat the oven to 180C, gas mark 4. Heat one tablespoon of the oil in a large ovenproof casserole pan and cook the lamb, onion and celery over a high heat for 5 minutes or so until nicely browned.
- Stir in the garlic and rosemary and cook for a minute more.
- Add the tomatoes, beans and stock and bring to the boil.
- Cover and simmer for 11/2 hours until the lamb is very tender.
- Meanwhile, mix together the breadcrumbs, parsley and remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Sprinkle over the top of the casserole and return to the oven, uncovered for 15 minutes or so until the top is crunchy and golden.
Serve with a crunchy green salad.