675 g Lean Scotch Lamb mince
1 clove garlic
3 tbsp tomato puree
2 tbsp mint jelly
2 large aubergines
75 g feta cheese
500 g greek yogurt
Salt and pepper
- Heat the oven to: Gas mark 4 – 5, 180°C, 350°F
- In a non-stick pan dry fry lean lamb mince for 4 – 5 minutes with chopped onion crushed garlic clove. Add tomato puree and mint jelly. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile thinly slice aubergines and lightly brown on both sides in a hot frying pan (you might have to do this in 2 or 3 batches).
- Place half the mince mixture into an ovenproof dish and top with some of the aubergine slices. Crumble over Feta cheese and cover with the rest of the mince and the remaining aubergine. Mix together greek yogurt with eggs and pour over the aubergines.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30 – 35 minutes until golden brown.
Serve with a baked greek salad – roast tomatoes, slices of red onion and olives topped with crumbled feta cheese.