Lamb Sausage Pizza
500g ciabatta bread mix
2 tbsp olive oil
350g carton fresh tomato sauce
400g Scotch Lamb and rosemary or mint sausages, skinned
1 green pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
1 red onion, thinly sliced
200g feta, finely crumbled (optional)
- Heat the oven to 220C, gas mark 7. Tip the bread mix into a bowl (keep a little aside for kneading) and add warm water (according to packet instructions) and 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Bring together to make a soft dough. Knead for 5 minutes then divide into four balls.
- Lightly dust the surface with the reserved bread mix and roll the balls out into four 18 – 20cm rounds. Transfer to 2 large non-stick baking sheets, cover with a clean tea towel and leave to rise in a warm place for 15 minutes.
- Spread the tomato sauce over the pizza bases then crumble the sausage meat over the top. Scatter with peppers and red onion and drizzle with a little more oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes until, risen, golden and cooked through. Scatter over the feta, if liked, and serve.