400 g Scotch Lamb leg or fillet cut into strips
2 tbsp red thai curry paste
200 g dried Asian noodles (cooked as per packet instructions)
4 shallots, finely sliced
4 cloves garlic, finely sliced
50 g coriander, leaves and roots finely chopped
2 green chillies, finely sliced
1 tin of coconut milk
2 tsp Asian fish sauce
Pinch of sugar
125 g green beans, topped, tailed and halved
100 g small broccoli florets
2 sweet potatoes, sliced into thin discs
2 mixed peppers, evenly sliced
2 courgettes, evenly sliced
Or use a pre-packed bag of vegetables
- Combine the lamb with 1 tablespoon of curry paste (if you have time, you can put it in the fridge for 30 minutes to develop the flavour).
- Fry the lamb strips in a pan with vegetable oil until golden brown. Remove the lamb, and add all the vegetables and cook for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, coriander, and chillies and stir briefly before adding the lamb, the fish sauce, a squeeze of lime juice, half of the coriander leaves, a pinch of sugar and the coconut milk.
- Bring to the boil, add the noodles and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Season to taste and serve with a lime wedge.