Lasagne Al Forno
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
4 rashers smoked streaky bacon, chopped
250g pork mince
500g Scotch Beef mince
2 can chopped tomatoes
300ml red wine
2 bay leaves
375g packet dried lasagne sheets
500g jar white béchamel sauce
220g ball mozzarella, drained and roughly torn
2 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan
- Heat the oil in large pan and cook the onion, garlic, celery and bacon over a fairly high heat until nicely browned.
- Add the pork and beef and continue to cook the meat to seal it all over.
- Add the tomatoes, wine and bay leaves. Bring to the boil then cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 190C, gas mark 5. Spread a third of the sauce into a large baking dish and top with a layer of lasagne. Add a little white sauce and some mozzarella then continue to layer up to make three layers finishing with the lasagne topped with white sauce. Scatter over the remaining mozzarella and sprinkle evenly with Parmesan.
- Sit the lasagne on a baking sheet and cook for 45 minutes, covering with foil once the top is nicely browned. Leave to sit for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve with a crispy green salad.