Make your perfect Scotch Beef burger
300 g Scotch Beef chuck steak
1 medium onion
Sprig of thyme
Salt and pepper
Burgers are all about the beef and using Scotch Beef is a great way to guarantee quality.
For these burgers, we recommend using chuck steak mince. It’s best to purchase from a butcher as this enables you to select the cut and request the meat is coarsely minced.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix until everything is blended together. Do not over mix as this will make the meat quite tough
- Shape the burgers by making in to a ball and flatten to make a patty shape around 2cm thick
- Once shaped, press two fingers in to the centre of the burger. This will prevent the “golf ball effect” when cooking
- Chill the burgers for around 30 minutes
- Once ready, prepare a wide based pan by adding some rapeseed oil and popping on the heat.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper to the burgers before adding to the pan.
- Leave to cook for around 3-4 minutes on each side.
As accompaniments we recommend lightly toasted brioche buns, Scottish cheddar, mayo, English mustard, tomato, and iceberg lettuce.
Burgers are a fantastic way to enjoy Scotch Beef. This simple recipe allows you to make a delicious basic beef burger to which you can add you're own toppings and sides.