Mini Lamb Roast with Kiwi and Orange Sauce
1 Scotch Lamb rump mini roast, approx. 350 g (12 oz)
Grated rind and juice of 1 large orange
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp dry sherry
3 tsp light soft brown sugar
2 ripe kiwi fruit, peeled
1 tsp lemon juice
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Temperature: Preheated oven: 190 oC / 170 oC Fan / Gas Mark 5
- Using silver foil, crumple up a small nest for the lamb to sit in which will also hold the basting juices. Place the mini roast in this and then into a shallow roasting tin. Mix together half the rind and all the juice of 1 orange, soy sauce, sherry and 2 tsp brown sugar. Brush over the lamb, reserving some to baste during roasting.
- Roast the lamb for 20 minutes, Brush with the remaining marinade and then roast for a further 20 minutes, occasionally rolling the mini roast in the juices to coat well. Remove from the oven, wrap and seal the foil around the lamb and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the kiwi sauce; use an electric blender to puree the kiwi fruit with the lemon juice, the rind of ½ orange and 1 tsp brown sugar.
- Carve the lamb and arrange slices on warmed plates, drizzle the cooking juices over the slices and accompany with the kiwi sauce.
- Ask your butcher to prepare a mini roast for you – using either rump or shoulder of Scotch lamb. Make the kiwi sauce just before serving as both the vibrant green colour and vitamin content will deteriorate if left to stand for too long.
Boned and rolled and ready to roast in a fraction of a time – a mini roast is the ideal solution for just 2-3 servings…. Enjoy Scotch Lamb with this vibrant Vitamin C packed fruity sauce – just the right balance of sweetness, acidity and juiciness to accompany lamb or pork.