Mini Lamb Spikes with Crispy Noodles
Makes 12 spikes
Scotch Lamb rump or leg steaks
Mild curry seasoning
Fine egg noodles
- Take 224g (8oz) lean lamb rump or leg steaks and cut into small cubes. Thread 3 pieces of lamb onto long wooden skewer (pre-soaked in water to prevent burning). Place spikes (skewers) onto a plate and sprinkle with 15ml (1tbsp) mild dry curry seasoning, (e.g., Bombay spice seasoning).
- Place under a preheated grill and cook for 8 – 10 minutes. Meanwhile pour sufficient oil to cover the base of a large heavy based frying pan to a depth of about (1.25cm/1/2”).
- Rehydrate 50g (2oz) fine thread egg noodles in boiling water and drain. Take a few strands of noodles, wrap around the cooked spikes.
- Carefully heat the oil and put in one spike to test the oil (it should bubble and crisp within about a minute). Repeat and drain spikes on kitchen towel before serving.
- Take small tub natural yogurt mix with 30ml (2tbsp) mayo chutney and 30ml (2tbsp) fresh coriander, chopped.
Serve on a large platter with mini poppodoms or naan and lots of dripping sauce. (Alternatively use a Chinese 5 Spice to coat spikes and serve with a plum dipping sauce.)