Mini lamb meatballs with penne
500g minced Scotch Lamb
6 spring onions, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 tbs breadcrumbs
1 tbsp rosemary, finely chopped or 1 tsp dried rosemary
1 medium egg
A little olive oil to drizzle over the meatballs
6 ripe tomatoes, chopped
150 - 200g Feta cheese, roughly crumbled
10g mint leaves, torn
500g pack fresh penne pasta
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and grease a non-stick baking tray.
- Mix together all the ingredients for the meatballs and season well with salt and pepper.
- Pinch off small cherry-sized pieces of the mince mixture, roll into balls and arrange on the baking tray with space between each one.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil, then cook in the hot oven for about 20 minutes. Shake the tray half way through to help the meat balls brown.
- Put a large pan of lightly salted water on to boil, while you chop up the tomatoes.
- Cook the pasta according to the timing given on the pack, drain then mix with the tomato, feta and mint and maybe a little extra olive oil if you wish.
- Check the meatballs are cooked through then toss them and any pan juices in with the pasta mixture and serve straight away.