Minted Lamb Burgers
500g/1lb Scotch Lamb mince
60ml/4tbsp chopped fresh mint
1 clove garlic, crushed to a paste
50g/2oz fresh breadcrumbs
1 egg yolk
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
6 burger buns
Sliced tomato and lettuce to serve
- Place the lamb in a bowl, add the mint, garlic, breadcrumbs, egg yolk, a little salt and plenty of ground black pepper.
- Using clean hands, work the mixture together, then divide it into six portions
- Use your hands to shape each portion into a neat burger shape about 8cm (3 ¾ in) wide. Place on a plate and chill for at least 20 mins – this lets them firm up.
- Heat a non-stick frying or griddle pan or barbecue until hot. Add the burgers and cook for 10-12mins, turning occasionally until the lamb is lightly charred but cooked through – there should be not pink juices coming out when tested.
- Split the burger buns then lightly toast each one on the inside.
Serve the burgers in the toasted bun with salad. These taste great served with chunky chips.