Orange, Honey and Mustard Roast Scotch Lamb
2 Scotch Lamb rump mini roast, approx. 225 g (8 oz) each
2 small oranges
2 tsp clear Scottish honey
2 tsp wholegrain Highland or Arran mustard
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 160°C Fan / Gas 4.
- Wipe the lamb with paper kitchen towel.
- Cut 1 orange into slices and arrange as a bed in a small roasting tin for the lamb to sit on. Finely grate the zest of the remaining orange over the lamb.
- Reserve its juice for the gravy.
- Roast the lamb for 20 minutes. Drizzle the honey over the lamb then spread on the mustard. Roast for a further 10 minutes for Medium.
- Transfer the mini roast and the caramelised orange slices to a warm plate. Using a wooden spoon, scrape to loosen any rich sediment in the roasting tin, stir in the juice of 1 orange and add a drop of water if required for a delicious essence to serve with the lamb
Hints and Tips: Replace the oranges with lemons and add sprigs of thyme for another variation.