Perfect Ribeye Steak
Scotch Beef Ribeye Steak
20ml Rapeseed Oil
2 to 3 Knobs of butter
Sea salt and black pepper (to taste)
Ingredients for Horseradish, Garlic and Parsley Butter
100g Salted butter at room temperature
2 Cloves of garlic
1 to 2 Tbsp of horseradish sauce
Handful of fresh parsley
Black pepper (to taste)
For the Perfect Steak:
- You can griddle, grill or pan fry your steak, always make sure your pan or grill is hot before you start cooking – to ensure you seal the steak and caramelise the meat.
- You can fry steaks without oil – dry pan frying – great if you are cooking your steaks for a short time.
- If using oil then rapeseed oil is a good choice, butter is great too if frying but can burn if your cooking your steaks for too long, you can add some butter to rapeseed oil and that will help reduce the burning.
- Some people like to season there steaks before cooking with a little freshly ground sea salt and black pepper.
- After cooking your steak – cover with some foil and allow to rest for 3 to 4 mins.
For the Horseradish, Garlic and Parsley Butter:
- Peel and finely chop the garlic and the parsley.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and season with black pepper.
- Make the butter mixture into a sausage shape and wrap in some grease proof paper.
- Put into the fridge to harden while you cook your steak.
- Cut into 8 slices and serve two slices on top of your cooked steak.
Don’t fancy a butter with your steak? being the experts in steak, we’ve loads of great sauces, one of our favourites is Sauce Diane, take a look at our recipe here.
If you’re wondering where to find the perfect steak, take a look at our members directory for the Scotch Butchers Club, follow the link by clicking here.
Want to find out more about what’s behind the label, you can find out more about Scotch Beef here: https://www.scotchkitchen.com/pgi/scotch-beef-pgi