Pork Schnitzel with Slaw
4 x 150g boneless Specially Selected Pork loin steaks (or pork chops)
100g fresh breadcrumbs
1 x large egg
sea salt & black pepper (to taste)
1/2 tsp paprika
Rapeseed oil to fry
For the Slaw
300g red cabbage
1 x small red onion
2-3 x green apples
70g fat free yoghurt
5g fresh parsley
Juice x 1 lemon
For the slaw
- Thinly slice the red cabbage
- Peel and halve the red onion and thinly slice
- Cut the apples into quarters, core and thinly slice
- Place the apple slices into a bowl with the lemon juice and mix
- Add the mayo and yogurt to the apple mix
- Add the sliced red cabbage and red onion. Gently mix together.
- Chop the parsley and stir through.
- Season to taste.
To make the Schnitzels
- Put the pork steaks between two pieces of grease proof paper and with a rolling pin, pound until thin escalopes.
- Break the egg in a bowl and whisk.
- Put the flour into a separate bowl, season with some salt, black pepper and paprika.
- Place the breadcrumbs in to a separate bowl.
- Dip the pork escalopes into the flour first, coating well with the flour, then dip into the egg wash and finally the breadcrumbs.
- Gently fry in the oil for 5/6 minutes turning as you cook.
- Serve with sweet potato fries, a lemon wedge and slaw.