Rack Of Scotch Lamb With Rosemary
2 racks of Scotch Lamb (each approx 400g, bones removed)
2 tbsp olive oil
4-5 twigs of rosemary
1 piece of ginger (about 6 cm), thinly sliced
2-3 red chilli peppers
1 tbsp coriander seeds, ground in mortar
1 tsp ginger powder
- Place an oven proof tray in the oven and preheat the oven to 80 degrees.
- Season the meat to taste. Heat the oil in a pan. Press the garlic without peeling and put into the pan. Gently fry the racks of lamb all around in hot oil for 5-6 minutes.
- Place the meat in the tray, over 2 twigs of rosemary, chili peppers and ginger slices. Cook for 1 hour.
- Mix 1 tbsp sea salt, coriander and pepper.
- Take the racks of lamb out of the oven. Raise the oven temperature to 220 degrees and turn the grill on if one integrated in the oven. Rub the meat with the spicy salt, and grill in the oven for 6-8 minutes. Take the racks of lamb out of the oven, divide into portions and serve over pre-warmed plates.