Scotch Beef fillet with Pepper Crust, French Fries and Broccoli
4 well hung Scotch Beef fillet steaks (each weighing 200 Ð 220 g)
2 teaspoons each of black and white peppercorns
4 allspice berries
2 tablespoons corn oil
1 clove garlic
400 g French fries (store-bought product)
400 g broccoli
- For the steaks, crush the peppercorns and allspice berries in a mortar. Spread the mixture out on a board and press the steaks into it, turning to coat both sides.
- Peel and quarter the garlic. Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the garlic and fry until golden brown, then take out.
- Add the steaks to the very hot fat and fry for 1 minute each side over a high heat. Reduce the heat and fry for a further 2 to 4 minutes each side. Sprinkle the steaks with salt. Then take out of the pan, wrap in aluminium foil and leave to rest for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Cook the French fries according to the instructions on the packet.
- Cook the broccoli in boiling, salted water for about 5 minutes, until al dente.
Serve the peppered steaks on plates with the French fries and broccoli.