Scotch Beef Jerk Fillet Steak
4 x 170g Scotch Beef PGI fillet steaks
2 x heaped tsp dried thyme
1 x flat tsp chilli flakes
½ tsp ground ginger
½ tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp allspice
1 x lime, juiced
2 x medium red onions, peeled and sliced
1 x 250g pack cauliflower rice
1 x red pepper, thinly sliced
1 x large avocado, remove and chop the flesh and cover with half of the lime juice
15g fresh coriander, finely chopped
80ml rapeseed oil
Sea salt and black pepper
1. In a large bowl, mix the thyme, chilli flakes, ground ginger, cinnamon and allspice together with the juice from half the lime.
2. Season with salt and black pepper.
3. Slice the Scotch Beef fillet steaks into thick strips, approximately 2cm in thickness.
4. Put the steak slices into a bowl along with the jerk seasoning and massage the seasoning onto the steak.
5. Mix the cauliflower rice, avocado, red pepper and coriander together in a separate bowl.
6. Heat the oil in a large wok or frying pan.
7. Sauté the beef slices and red onion in the oil for 8 minutes.
8. Serve the jerk beef on top of the cauliflower rice salad and serve.