Scotch Beef Kebabs
450 g (1 lb) lean Scotch Beef popeseye (rump) steaks, cut into small cubes
2 or 3 tbsp natural yoghurt
1 tbsp Harissa paste, or to taste
4 tbsp fresh basil, roughly torn
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tbsp mild chilli sauce
1 green or red chilli, deseeded and chopped
Temperature: Hot Grill or Barbecue
- Mix together the yoghurt & Harissa paste in a bowl. Add the lamb, thoroughly coating the cubes.
- Thread the lamb onto skewers.
- In a bowl, mix together all ingredients. Add meat, mix thoroughly, cover and refrigerate.
- Marinate for approximately 30 minutes to 4 hours. Thread the meat on to skewers.
- Cook under a preheated grill or on a barbecue for approximately 12-15 minutes, turning occasionally.