Scotch Lamb and Tzatziki Pitta
600g Scotch Lamb PGI leg steaks
Juice of 1 medium orange
Juice of 1 lime
Juice of 1 lemon
30ml soy sauce
½ tsp chilli flakes
½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp ground ginger
½ tsp ground black pepper
1 x little gem lettuce, shredded
1 x red onion, thinly sliced
4 x pitta breads
120g reduced fat Greek yoghurt
1 x tsp dried mint
4 x kebab skewers
- Chop the lamb steaks into chunks and put into a bowl.
- Squeeze the juice from the orange and the lime and pour over the lamb along with the soy sauce.
- Sprinkle over the chilli, cumin, garlic and ginger and mix well.
- Allow to marinate for 10 mins or longer if you have time.
- Remove the lamb from the marinade and divide between the skewers.
- Grill or BBQ for 15mins – turning as you cook.
- Meanwhile make the tzatziki – peel the cucumber – cut in half and with a teaspoon scoop out the seeds.
- Mix the dried mint, cucumber and yoghurt together in a bowl and mix well.
- Grill the pittas – split in half, divide the lettuce and red onion between the pittas.
- Top with the lamb, squeeze over the lemon juice and serve alongside the tzatziki.