Scotch Lamb neck fillet with orange, Feta and olives
4 Scotch Lamb neck fillets, trimmed
1 onion, peeled and sliced
2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
10 new potatoes halved
1 orange, zest removed and halved
1 tin good quality chopped tomatoes
250 ml lamb or chicken stock
200g feta cheese
50g black olives, stoned
sea salt and black pepper
This lovely dish has been paired with a lovely Pale Ale from Keith Brewery, its big tasting US style beer which is amber in colour. Hops are added three times during the brewing process which means that everything (flavour, aroma and bitterness) is deliciously hoppy. Dry on the palate with notes of exotic fruits and lime.
- Season the lamb with salt and pepper and seal in cooking pot with a splash of olive oil.
- Add the onions, garlic and orange zest and cook until fragrant, about 2 mins
- Add stock and reduce for 5 mins
- Add potatoes then tomatoes and orange halves, turn down to a simmer and leave to cook for around 1 hr or until lamb is tender
- Add black olives and combine
- Serve with crumbled feta on top.