Scotch Lamb Spider Burgers
FOR THE BURGERS
450 g lean Scotch Lamb PGI mince
1/4 red onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
Salt and pepper, to taste
Red/orange/yellow peppers, cut into strips (for the legs)
Balsamic glaze (to draw spiders web)
Black olives, pepper & feta cheese (for the eyes)
- Place all of the burger ingredients in a large bowl and using your hands mix well, making sure the vegetables are mixed into the meat.
- Divide the mixture into 6 and shape into burgers.
- Brown the burgers in a frying pan then transfer to a baking tray in a hot oven until cooked through and piping hot in the middle, approximately 10 – 15 minutes.
- To make the spiders – for legs use thin strips of peppers, carrots or cucumber and push into your cooked burger, you can use pieces of peppers or tomatoes and olives for the mouth and eyes.
- Draw a web with balsamic glaze on a plate and serve with rolls and salad.