Scotch Lamb Wraps
500 g lean boneless Scotch Lamb leg steaks
1 clove of fresh garlic chopped
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1 tablespoon clear honey
1 tablespoon lemon juice
100 g low fat hummus
1/4 small iceberg lettuce, shredded.
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1/3 cup sweet chilli sauce
200 g tabouleh/cracked wheat salad tabouleh
2 cups boiling water
1 cup cracked / bulgar wheat
2 spring onions, chopped
2 medium tomatoes, de-seeded and diced
4 large tablespoons sweetcorn kernels
3 tablespoons chopped mint
3 tablespoons chopped parsley
Juice of 1 lemon
Ground black pepper, to taste
- Soak bulgar wheat in boiling water for 15 minutes. Squeeze out excess water. Combine with other ingredients. Mix well
- Place lamb, garlic, spices, honey and juice in a non metallic bowl, toss to coat lamb, then marinade. Meanwhile make up the tabouleh salad.
- Spray a non stick frying pan with oil and heat. Cook lamb over a high heat until browned. 4 – 5 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Remove from pan, transfer to a plate and allow to stand for 5 minutes before slicing thinly.
- Place bread on a flat surface. Divide hummus between the bread and spread evenly to cover the centre of the bread. Top with lettuce and tabouleh salad.
- Arrange lamb along the centre, top with red onion and roll up to enclose. Serve with sweet chilli sauce.
Use a large tortilla wrap. Fill as instructed and fold into a parcel. Grill in a sandwich.