1 sirloin steak approx 200 g each
Salt and pepper to taste
- Take the steak out of the fridge at least 15 minutes prior to cooking (allowing the steak to come to room temperature results in a much tastier bit of steak)
- Heat your griddle (or frying pan) until it is very hot (be brave, a bit of smoke is OK)
- Brush the steaks with the smallest amount of oil, salt and pepper, then transfer to the hot griddle
- The steaks should need about 2 to 3 minutes on each side for rare, 3 minutes each side for medium/rare and 4 to 5 mins per side for medium/well done.
- Take of the heat and rest for around 10 minutes. Whilst they are resting, you could prepare a nice salad to serve with the steak.