Skewered Lamb and Vegetables
Makes 6 skewers
400 g cubed Scotch Lamb leg
8 small whole shallots, (soaked in boiling water for 5 minutes to loosen the skins and soften the shallots a little), peeled
2 yellow or orange sweet peppers, seeded and cut into bite sized pieces
Juice of a lemon
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp chopped oregano
2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 2 cm cubes
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp paprika or sweet smoked paprika
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together and add the lamb to it, turning so that it is thoroughly coated.
- Thread the meat and vegetables onto skewers and set aside for 10 minutes or so if you have time.
- Tip the diced potato onto a baking tray, sprinkle with the oil and salt and toss together with your hands. Shake to spread the potatoes into a single layer and dust sparingly with the paprika.
- Cook in the oven for about 15 minutes till tender and golden.
- Meanwhile, grill the skewers for about 15 minutes, turning as they brown until the meat is done and shallots and peppers are tender.
- Serve with the potatoes cubes and a green salad.