Specially Selected Pork & Apple Casserole
15 servings for a baby/toddler or serves 2 adults and 2 children
400 g Specially Selected Pork shoulder, diced
2 tbsp plain flour
3 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped (about 65g)
2 carrots, peeled, topped and tailed and diced (about 170g)
1 stick celery, diced (about 50g)
1 tsp black pepper
300 ml hot vegetable stock/pork stock (made using low salt baby stock cubes, or homemade)
1 Bramley apple, peeled, cored and sliced
- Preheat the oven to 180C/fan 160/gas mark 4.
- Toss the pork in the flour. Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and fry the meat until lightly browned, in batches if your pan is crowded.
- Transfer to a casserole dish (with a fitted lid). Fry the onion, carrots and celery in the pan for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add to the casserole dish along with the rest of the ingredients.
- Oven bake for 1 hour with the lid on until the pork is tender and the sauce has thickened.
Note: If you’re weaning with puree, simply blitz the casserole in a food processor with the blade attachment or use a stick blender. Portion into ice cube trays, freeze and then once frozen transfer into freezer bags.