Spiced lamb with spinach
4 120g Scotch Lamb leg steaks
2 tbsp tomato puree
1 red chilli
1 clove garlic, peeled
500g baby new potatoes
200g baby spinach leaves
30g butter or 2 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, mix the tomato puree with the chilli and garlic, both grated on a fine grater and season with a pinch of salt.
- Spread this paste all over the steaks and set aside while you cook the potatoes in boiling water.
- Preheat the grill to a high setting and cook the steaks for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until done to your liking.
- When the potatoes are thoroughly cooked, drain well and shake the pan hard so that the potatoes split and release some steam. Squash them slightly with a fork.
- Add the butter or oil and return to the heat, add the spinach to the potato pot a handful at a time until it has wilted, season and serve with the spicy lamb.