Spicy Chilli Graveyard Dip
500 g lean Scotch Beef PGI mince
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 carrot, finely chopped
1 stick celery, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
1 heaped tsp hot chilli powder
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tbsp vegetable oil
300 ml beef stock
400 g can chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp tomato puree
410 g red kidney beans
Fresh chives to garnish
Salt & pepper
- In a hot pan add the oil and chopped onions and cook for a couple of mins.
- Add chopped celery and carrot. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add minced beef and allow to brown at a high heat. Add spices and let flavours infuse.
- Add tomato puree and cook through for a minute. Then add the chopped tomatoes and hot beef stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer gently for around 1 hour.
- Add the drained kidney beans and cook for another 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile cut out the ghosts and gravestones from wholemeal tortillas. Brush with a little oil and sprinkle on some cayenne pepper then bake in a preheated oven at 180°C/160°C Fan for 4-6 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve in the chilli with chopped coriander and soured cream on top.