Spicy mini muffin tin Scotch Beef tacos
6 inch flour tortillas
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1 tbsp vegetable oil
Half an onion finely chopped
1.5 tsp chilli powder
1.5 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
0.5 tsp dried oregano
0.5 tsp paprika
0.25 tsp garlic powder
2 cups black bean salsa
350g Scotch Beef mince
Shredded iceberg lettuce
Shredded cheese, guacamole and sour cream for topping
These delicious spicy mini muffin tin Scotch Beef tacos are a great way to use Scotch Beef mince and are a sure fire hit with the rest of the family.
- Preheat the oven to 220 oC
- Spray a 6-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Gently fold the tortillas in half, then in quarters. Place 1 in each cup of the tin and unfold to make a cup. Spray the tortillas all over with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Bake until golden, 8 to10 minutes. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, heat the vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened (about 2 minutes). Add the chili powder, cumin, coriander, Worcestershire, oregano, paprika and garlic powder; cook, stirring, until the onion is coated, about 1 minute.
- Add the beef, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper to the pan. Cook, breaking up the meat with a spoon, until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Add the salsa and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until the juices are slightly thickened, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fill each taco cup with a thin layer of lettuce and then the beef mixture. Top with Cheddar, guacamole and sour cream as desired.