Spooky Scotch Lamb Stuffed Peppers
1 tablespoon olive oil
Half medium onion chopped
1 Garlic Clove, crushed
4 medium bell peppers
2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
Half teaspoon ground all spice
1 tsp salt and pepper
150g cooked rice
225g minced Scotch Lamb
150g crumbled feta cheese
Squeeze of lemon juice
1 tsp caster sugar
This spoooky dish is perfect to scare up a mid-week meal. Tasty, healthy and loved by all the family these stuffed peppers with Scotch Lamb mince are a perfect family meal.
- Preheat oven to 190 oC/170 oc Fan/Gas 5.
- Heat oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat, add onion and cook for four minutes until soft. Stir in garlic and cook one minute.
- Slice tops off peppers and remove seeds. Stand peppers upright in a a 20x30cm baking dish.
- In large bowl, combine onion mixture, dill, salt, allspice and pepper. Mix in rice and lamb, fold in feta cheese. Stuff peppers with mixture.
- Mix passata with water, lemon juice and sugar. Pour half over peppers, and half over bottom of dish. Cover with foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Uncover and continue baking 15 minutes, basing occasionally with sauce, until a meat thermometer inserted in center of filling reads 70 degrees C.
Recipe adapted from All recipes.com