Steak with tomato and red onion salad
2 Scotch Beef PGI sirloin, ribeye or rump/ popeseye steaks (about 200g each)
A little olive oil
Salt and pepper
1 small red onion, finely sliced
3-4 ripe tomatoes, finely sliced
A few basil leaves
1 tbsp of olive oil and a squeeze of lemon juice
- Heat a griddle or frying pan large enough for both steaks. Brush the steaks with a little oil
- and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the steaks for 3-4 minutes each side for medium or done to your liking – see cooking
- times section for more details.
- Rest the steaks for 3 minutes before serving.
- Whilst the steaks are resting, combine all of the salad ingredients and check for seasoning.
Serve the steaks with the salad and a good dollop of mustard.