Stir-Fried Beef with Wild Mushrooms, Peppers and Oyster Sauce
450 g (1 lb) lean Scotch Beef popeseye (rump) steak, cut into thin strips
45 ml (3 tbsp) soy sauce
15 ml (1 tbsp) cornflour
30 ml (2 tbsp) oil
1 small onion, peeled and sliced
2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
15 ml (1 tbsp) root ginger, grated
225 g (8 oz) mixed mushrooms, sliced
75 ml (5 tbsp) oyster sauce
5 ml (1 tsp) sugar
6 spring onions, sliced
1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced thinly
1 green pepper, deseeded and sliced thinly
- Mix the soy sauce and cornflour in a large bowl, add the beef strips, cover and marinate in a refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Using half the oil, lightly fry the onion, garlic, ginger, and beef strips. Allow to colour then remove from the pan.
- Fry the mushrooms in the remaining oil then add the beef, garlic, ginger and onion mix together with the oyster sauce and sugar.
- Mix and heat through for approximately 1 minute.
- Add the spring onions and peppers, season to taste.
Serve with thick noodles.