Store cupboard lamb stir-fry
350g Scotch Lamb leg steaks cut into thin strips
3cm root ginger, finely shredded
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
2 bags of fresh or frozen ready prepared stir-fry mix
2 x 150g packs 'ready to wok' stir-fry noodles
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp toasted sesame oil
Toasted sesame seeds to serve (optional)
- Grate the ginger and garlic onto a small plate.
- Mix the soy sauce and sesame oil in a small bowl ready to dress the stir-fry.
- Stir-fry the lamb strips briefly in a hot wok or frying pan with a little oil until lightly browned, add the ginger and garlic and cook a further 30 seconds.
- Tip the lamb onto a plate while you cook the vegetables.
- Add a little more oil to the pan and stir-fry the veg for a few minutes until some of the water that has been released from the vegetables has evaporated.
- Add the noodles, stirring for a minute or two then return the lamb to the pan with the soy dressing, toss all together until the lamb is hot then serve straight away, sprinkled with toasted sesame seeds.