Surf 'n' Turf
4 x 125g (4.5oz) Scotch rib-eye, sirloin or fillet steaks
3 tbsp olive oil
Juice of half a lemon
2 garlic cloves, sliced
16 good-sized langoustines
1 tbsp freshly chopped chives
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 lemon, cut into wedges
- In a small bowl mix together the olive oil, lemon juice and garlic cloves. Season with black pepper.
- Pre-heat the grill or barbecue to hot. Brush the langoustines and steaks with the garlic dressing. Grill the langoustines for 5-10 minutes or until the shells begin to char, basting occasionally. Set aside.
- Meanwhile grill the steaks for 3 minutes on either side for Medium – or more or less as liked.
- Arrange the steaks on a platter with the langoustines. Stir the chives into any remaining garlic oil and drizzle over the steaks.
- Serve with lemon wedges for the shellfish, napkins and finger bowls!
- Garlic bread and a mixed salad is all that is needed to round this offÂ… If you can’t get langoustines in their shell, raw king prawns skewered onto kebabs are a good substitute. Cook until pink.
A fusion of foods from the land ‘turf’ and the sea ‘surf’– this Australian combo has found its way to our own shores. Scottish Langoustines enjoyed with Scotch Beef fillet …try it!