Sweet and Sour Pork Fillet
600g Specially Selected Pork fillet
For the Sauce
1 x large red pepper
4 x spring onions
3 x cloves garlic
300g fresh pineapple
35ml white wine vinegar
35g tomato ketchup
35ml light soy sauce
35ml lemon juice
35ml rapeseed oil
15g piece fresh peeled ginger
For the Pork
15ml lemon juice
15ml light soy sauce
Rapeseed oil to fry
Fresh chopped coriander to sprinkle
For the sauce
- Chop the red pepper into thin strips, discarding any white pith and seeds
- Wipe, trim and cut the spring onions into thin strips
- Peel and finely chop the garlic
- Finely chop the ginger
- Chop the pineapple into small pieces
- In a wok heat the oil and add the peppers, spring onion, garlic and ginger and fry for 2 minutes
- Add all the rest of the ingredients for the sauce and bring to the boil – put this to the side while you cook the pork
For the Pork:
- Cut the fillet in half lengthways – then cut the pork into thin strips
- Place the pork in to a bowl along with the extra soy sauce and lemon.
- Stir to coat the pork.
- Add the cornflour the pork bowl and mix well
- Heat some oil in a large frying pan and sauté the pork on a high heat for 4 minutes (You may have to do this in batches if your pan isn’t big enough. Be mindful not to crowd the pan)
- When cooked transfer the pork to the wok where the sauce is.
- Gently heat through until the sauce is piping hot has thickened slightly.
- Serve topped with chopped coriander and steamed rice.