Tagliatelle with Moroccan Style Lamb Sauce
1 onion, chopped & 3 stalks of celery, chopped
2 tsp minced garlic & 3 tspn ground coriander
3 tsp ground cumin & 250ml chicken stock
500 g minced Scotch Lamb
400 g can chopped tomatoes
500g sweet potatoes (1 medium sized potato) peeled and cut into 2 cm/1” cubes
2 courgettes, halved lengthways and thickly sliced
500 g tagliatelle
Olive oil spray
- Spray a large saucepan with oil and heat. Cook onion and celery for 3 –4 minutes, or until soft.
- Add garlic and spices and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add lamb and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes over a high heat, or until browned, breaking up any lumps with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Add stock, tomato and sweet potato. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, for 10 minutes.
- Add courgette and cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring regularly, until vegetables are tender and the sauce has thickened.
- While the sauce is simmering, cook pasta in large saucepan of boiling water according to packet instructions. Drain and serve topped with sauce.
Garnish with sliced spring onions, and chopped parsley, if desired.