Tandoori Scotch Lamb Skewers with crunchy slaw
175g Scotch Lamb leg steak, all visible fat removed and cubed
1 tbsp tandoori paste
4 tbsp fat-free Greek yoghurt
Handful of coriander chopped
FOR THE SLAW
1/4 white cabbage shredded
1 carrot peeled and sliced into strips
1 red onion thinly sliced
Juice of 1 lime
2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
These lovely Scotch Lamb tandoori skewers are a quick and easy to prepare and cook, perfect for a mid week meal. Wham Bam Thank You Lamb!
- Combine half the yoghurt and paste in a bowl and add the Scotch Lamb making sure all pieces of lamb are coated.
- For the ratita dressing, combine the remaining yoghurt in a fresh dish, add some chopped coriander to taste and seasoning, set aside.
- For the slaw, mix all the veg together with some coriander, stir in lime juice, mustard seeds and oil in a fresh bowl. Set aside.
- Heat the grill to high, thread the lamb onto 4 skewers (if using wooden skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes before hand to help stop burning, if using metal skewers, remember these will get hot under the grill.) Grill for 3-4 minutes each side until the lamb is cooked through.
- Serve with the slaw, raita and warmed wraps
Recipe originally taken from https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/988634/tandoori-lamb-skewers-with-crunchy-slaw-and-raita