Tzatziki Beef Burgers with Tomato Salad
450 g (1 lb) lean minced Scotch Beef
1 large red onion, halved
1 tbsp sweet chilli dipping sauce
16 cherry tomatoes, halved
A quarter cucumber, deseeded and diced
150 g carton 0% fat Greek yoghurt
3 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
1 tbsp freshly chopped mint
4 burger buns, split in half and lightly toasted
- Place the minced beef in a large bowl. Finely chop or grate half the onion, add to the beef with the chilli sauce and 2 tbsp chopped coriander. Let clean little fingers work the mixture together well.
- Divide the mixture into four and shape into burgers.
- Meanwhile finely slice the second onion half, mix with the tomatoes and remaining coriander. Chill until required.
- Mix together the cucumber, yoghurt and chopped mint. Chill until required.
- Preheat the grill to hot. Place the burgers on a foil lined grill pan and cook for 6 minutes on each side.
- Place the hot burger on the bun, spoon some cooling yoghurt tzatziki alongside and top with the bun lid. Enjoy with the tomato salad.
Lightly toast then split open a pitta bread forming a pocket to stuff in chunks of the burger, tzatziki and salad.
Taking part in helping prepare a meal is a great way to encourage children to try new flavours and ingredients. Quite testing too for grown ups patience – but the end results are worth it!