Warm Lamb Salad with Orzo
12 Scotch Lamb PGI cutlets
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 tsp dried oregano
Salt and pepper
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
100g baby spinach leaves
2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1 small red onion, peeled and very finely sliced
2 tbsp chopped parsley
2 heaped tbsp olives (Taggiasca olives or other very small olives)
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
100g feta cheese, crumbled
- Season the lamb with the salt, pepper, garlic, oregano and squeeze over the lemon juice and zest then set aside while you prepare the orzo.
- Cook the orzo according to pack instructions or for about 5 minutes in fast boiling salted water. Drain and rinse quickly in cool water, drain again.
- In a hot griddle pan cook the cutlets for around 4 minutes or so each side, or until done to your liking.
- Meanwhile mix all the rest of the ingredients in a bowl. Add the orzo and carefully fold together.
- Serve each person with some of the pasta salad and top with a cluster of cutlets.