Warm Rump Steak salad
350-400g piece Scotch Beef rump steak, trimmed of excess fat
200g new potatoes, halved if large
100g French beans, trimmed
2 spring onions
A handful of mixed salad leaves
For the salad dressing
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp honey
A pinch each salt and black pepper
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Warm crusty bread to serve
- To prepare the salad, wash and dry the leaves and slice the onion and tomatoes.
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the salad dressing.
- Boil the potatoes for about 10 minutes until almost tender then throw in the beans and cook for about 4 – 5 minutes until just tender but with a little bite remaining.
- Drain well and set aside.
- While the potatoes are cooking, preheat a griddle pan or grill until very hot.
- Lightly season the steak then press onto the griddle for about 3 – 4 minutes (for medium/ rare) on each side, or until done to your liking.
- Rest the steak in a warm place for a few minutes for the fibres to relax and the steak to be its most tender before slicing.
- Arrange the salad on 2 plates, toss the warm potatoes and beans with half the salad dressing and divide between the plates. Top with slices of the steak, a little more dressing and a sprinkle of spring onion.